HOBO HASH HOUSE
HARRIERS & HARRIETTES
“WHAT GOES AROUND
- COMES AROUND”
HOBO Rules of the road
1. No poofters.
2. There is no rule 2.
3. See rule 1. No poofters.
4. No stealing (see hereunder - definition of stealing):
Stealing - the covert removal of another Hashman's property with the intention of depriving said Hashman of such property for an indefinite period of time.
5. No stealing, but borrowing is okay (see hereunder the definition of borrowing):
Borrowing is the act of covert temporary removal of another Hashman's property (property in this instance is confined to items of a portable nature and directly related to hashing such as mugs, bugles and run books). Substantial items such as kegs whilst being directly related to hashing should never be borrowed. At all times the property borrowed is held for a relatively short period of time and always returned in good order. Often such property is enhanced by suitable engraving to record for posterity the guile of the borrower. Borrowing is a complex issue and where any doubt exists, the HOBO GRAND DUKE should be consulted. HOBOS are encouraged to borrow
6. No poofters.
7. Rain is not permitted during Hash runs. The HOBO WIZARD is personally responsible for ensuring that fine conditions prevail for a period of not less than one hour at the HOBO Run or longer for HOBO bike runs
8. No Bloody Poofters.
9. No discrimination:- Wogs, Abos, Poms, unemployed, dogs, women, criminals, disabled, nymphomaniacs, Dockers, & Eagles ,even Collingwood supporters , and even lawyers are all encouraged to run Hash. Alcoholics are particularly welcome. Athletes are tolerated in HOBO Hash. Athletes,and dogs whilst permitted to run can never aspire to become HOBO GRAND DUKE.
10. Definitely no poofters.
11. No competitiveness.
12. Under no circumstances are poofters permitted to run Hash.
13. No training. Persons caught training will be deemed to have breached Rule # 11 and will be liable to a charge. A range of activities may be interpreted as training, and for guidance the following non-exhaustive list is provided:
a) Running other than official Hash runs
b) Cycling (fornication on a push bike is exempt)
c) Visiting a gymnasium for any other purpose than perving on the aerobics class
d) Using the stairs while escalators are available
e) Rooting the wife/girlfriend when so pissed it is a marathon effort
14. All HOBO Hashmen must commit to memory rules 1, 2 and 3 and be able to recite them at any hour of the day or night regardless of their state of inebriation.
15. Poofterism will not be fucking tolerated under any conditions.
16. No fighting at Hash. This rule is absolute and the entire culture of Hash relies on strict adherence to this rule. If a fellow Hashman causes you immense displeasure by stealing your car or impregnating your daughter (wives are exempt) . Belt shit out of him at some other place than HOBO Hash and on some other day than HOBO HASHDAY which is a day of reverence and tranquillity.
17. Poofters will be shot on sight. No poofters.
18. Other rules may be enacted by the committee as they see fit.
19. Amendments to Rules 1, 3, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15 and 17 are illegal.
Note: Bestiality is not covered in these Rules due to the proliferation of New Zealand HOBO Hashers. Whilst ovine relationships are discouraged in Australia , subject to certain rules it will be tolerated:
a) The fucker must be of NZ birth or citizenship
b) The fuckee must be a ewe (no poofters!)or a Harriette???
c) The fuckee must be a consenting adult
d) The fuckee must be reasonably attractive
As this item is not incorporated in Hash rules, all behaviour covered by the above note is subject to determination by the HOBO GRAND DUKE.
HOBO MOTTO :-
“What goes around - comes around”
HOBO – What????
1. HOBO :- Hoboes are noted for their desire to travel and, especially their desire for independence. They want to see different places, do different things, and enjoy life without being tied to one place, one type of activity or to having to live a certain way because everybody else does.
2. JUNGLE (Circle) :- Hoboes may travel alone or occasionally with a few others for a period of time but, regardless of this, they are a close knit group of people. HOBOS meet at "jungle" gatherings where they get to visit with old friends and meet new friends. They swap stories, songs, and poems, maybe, even an occasional lie or two. At the close of the gathering they each head out in their own direction and do their thing.
Hobo hash is a club for Hashers without a home or can not commit to a weekly club or anyone who wants to join us.
Our desire is to visit many other hash clubs and events and receive recognition of this by way of receiving a run.
HOBO – Kama Sutra
2 HOBO WIZARD - Stitches
3 HOBARMAN - Crabs
6 HOSCRIBE - Buttless
8 HOGEEK - Gargoyle
HOBO – Prayer
Recited during, after and any time HOBO WIZARD bloody wants too.
WHICH ART IN THE BUCKET
HALLOWED BE THY SPLASH
THY WILL BE DRUNK
IN THE JUNGLE AT HASH
GIVE US THIS DRINK OUR GRAND DUKE
AND FORGIVE US OUR SPILLAGES
AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO SPILL
AND LEAD US NOT UNTO THE ICE
BUT DELIVER US FROM CHARGES
FOR THYNE IS THE SPLASH
THE GINGER AND THE LAGER
FOREVER AND EVER
|HOBO – Down Downs.
We are Hobo HASH
We play a game called 20 toes
Girls play with ten toes up
Boys play with ten toes down down down down down down…...
Harriettes (remember no poofters) (to the tune of "Row, row, row your boat?)
Down Down Down your beer,
Down Down Down Down
HOBO – “Monkey Fist”
New Hobos will be presented with a Necklace the Monkey's Fist knot and ring that Hobo Hash 5 wear.
The ring will be stamped with the HOBO hash run number that you first attended to see what great fun people we are.
These "Knight of the Road" necklaces are presented, at the Jungle in an auspicious ceremony where the the recipient is declared an "Official Knight of the Road" and receives their HOBO HASH NAME
Below is a short history of the knot
In the days of piracy, when there was only wind power, the sailors had to somehow get the ships together in times of distress. This is almost impossible on the high seas. Someone got the idea to throw a rope to the other ship to pull them together. This didn't work. Then it was decided to tie a rope around a cannonball and sling it to the other ship. The problem was that they needed a knot that would stay secure on a round object so this "Monkey's Fist knot was devised. It is the only knot that will stay secure on a round object.